Thursday, August 18, 2011

    It seems that the closer I get to fulfilling the mission that God has planted in my heart the more the enemy attacks. He doesn't "Do" anything, but he suggests "Everything". Satan knows our areas of strength and our areas of weakness. He also hears our prayers just as God does. I have hypertension and I am supposed to take medication to keep my blood pressure in check. If I don't take my medication I most likely won't have a stroke today, tomorrow, or even next month. But eventually I will.
     My health depends on a daily maintenance of my diet, drinking plenty of fluids, abstaining from salty foods, and etc. The same thing applies to my spiritual health. If I don't take my spiritual medicine i.e. a daily dose of the word, prayer, meditation, associating with other like minded Christians, and praising God then I will have a spiritual stroke. It usually manifests itself in the form of sin.
    So in order to remain spiritually fit and in good spiritual health I must do the daily maintenance that's required.

No comments:

Post a Comment